Rose Milkweed / Swamp Milkweed
- Anticipated for later in the season
- Butterflies / moths (flowers),
- Hummingbirds (flowers),
- Honey bees (flowers),
- Native bees (flowers),
- Beetles (flowers),
- Caterpillars (leaves)
- In the wild, this milkweed is often found growing in wetter conditions; however, it does not need wet soils.
- Grows well in most garden soils. May need a little water during long droughts.
- Does not spread as much as common milkweed (Asclepias syriaca), making it a better choice for most garden settings.